Timothy P Kearney, AIA, Principal
As design principal for CuetoKEARNEYdesign, Tim is responsible for day-to-day project design and management. In his 30+ years as a practicing architect, he has worked on a wide variety of project types with diverse client groups, including concert halls, firehouses, private homes, and academic institutions. During his 16 years at Venturi Scott Brown, Tim completed projects for the Camden Children’s Garden, the Walt Disney Company, and the Philadelphia Orchestra. At CKd, Tim directed the design of the Metropolitan Hall at Widener University as well as the recently completed Science Center at Cheyney University. Sustainability has always been a passion and a key element of CKd’s work, most recently exemplified by their Net Zero house in Swarthmore and their Passiv Haus-inspired Reservoir House in Upper Providence. Tim currently represents the 26th District in the Pennsylvania State Senate.
THE UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA, Philadelphia, PA
Master of Architecture
• Lewis E. Dales Traveling Fellowship
• Schneidman AIA Award for Excellence in Design Studios
THE CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY OF AMERICA, Washington, D.C.
Bachelor of Science in Architecture
CuetoKEARNEYdesign, llc, Swarthmore, PA.
Principal in charge of project design and management.
• New Science Center, Cheyney University
• Metropolitan Hall, Widener University
• Marian Anderson Music Center, Cheyney University
VENTURI, SCOTT BROWN AND ASSOCIATES, Philadelphia, PA.
Senior Associate in charge of a wide variety of projects including:
• Frank G Wells Studio Production Building, Disney Studios, Burbank, CA
• Camden Children's Garden/NJ State Aquarium Additions and Renovations
• Reedy Creek Emergency Services HQ, Walt Disney World, FL
• Trenton Central Fire Headquarters, Trenton, NJ
• Philadelphia Orchestra Hall
FRIDAY ARCHITECTS, Philadelphia, PA
HARTMAN COX ARCHITECTS, Washington, D.C.
DREXEL UNIVERSITY, Philadelphia, PA
Adjunt Assistant Professor
THE UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA, Philadelphia PA
Guest Juror: University of Pennsylvania, Drexel University, Temple University, Catholic University, Philadelphia University, Spring Garden College
• Member, Board of Directors, The Camden Children's Garden, 1999 -
• Member, Board of Directors, The Fabric Workshop & Museum, 2001 -
• Member, Board of Directors, Swarthmore Recreation Association, 2001 - 2005
• Swarthmore Borough Planning Commission, 2006 - 2012
• Mayor Borough of Swarthmore, 2014 - 2019
• Recently Elected State Senator for the 26th District, 2019
Registered Architect: New Jersey, Pennsylvania
Member, American Institute of Architects
2002-, Chair 2006-2012