Chester County Farmhouse
Addition & Renovation
CKd led the sustainable renovation of this historic Chester County farm. The house is composed of an 1804 Pennsylvania German farmhouse connected via a 1950s link to a 1935 Mellor Meigs & Howe house. The renovation removed some later additions, revised the link between the two houses, and added a modest addition to the MM&H house. Sustainability was a key feature in this project which included the use of green materials, the installation of geothermal wells, and two small green roofs.