Music Center Renovation
Cheney University, 2010
Renovation and reconfiguration of the home of the Department of Humanities and Communication Arts at Cheyney University. The project reconsiders the role of the building within the Department as well as the campus on a whole.
Highlights of the project include:
• Re-programming of the building to meet the current demands of the evolving music and fine arts programs as well as the new President’s vision for Cheyney University.
• Complete retrofit of the HVAC, Electrical and Plumbing Systems for a comfortable, healthy and efficient building.
Fully accessible spaces for students and audiences.
• Complete acoustical and architectural re-design for the 500 seat auditorium.
• New Lobby finishes including display panels depicting the career of Marian Anderson, a new box office and the department office reconfigured to have a presence in the public lobby space.
• New Building Identity within the limited budget including programmable LED ticker sign that announces department and university events and signage designed to overcome the unfortunate location of the building within the campus framework.
•New Outdoor teaching, intermission, hanging out space.